Birth and Early Years
Shaykh Ahmad Musa Jibril was born in the United States in the year 1971, and spent part of his childhood in the city of Madinah in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia when his father, Shaykh Musa Jibril, was a student at the Islamic University of Madinah. It was there where Shaykh Ahmad memorized the Qur’an at the age of 11. He memorized Sahih al-Bukhari and Sahih Muslim before graduating from high school. Shaykh Ahmad then spent the rest of his younger years back in the United States graduating from high school in 1989. He later on memorized the chains of Bukhari & Muslim, then memorized the 6 books of Hadeeth. Thereafter, he studied at the Islamic University of Madinah as his father did, and graduated with a degree in the Shar’iah.
His Teachers & Study
Shaykh Ahmad had the opportunity to study under many great scholars of our time in Madinah and elsewhere. Not only that but he was able to benefit from his father who was a Shaykh in his own right. Before Ahmad Jibril reached the age of 18 he had read the entirety of Majmu' al-Fatawa (37 Volumes) of Ibn Taymiyyah to his father, the books of Ibn al-Qayyim and al-Muhalla (11 volumes) of Ibn Hazm.
- Ibn Uthaymeen - he studied several books cover to cover with him and has a rare Tazkiyyah from him.
- Shaykh Bakr Abu Zayd - he studied some books of Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahhab and Ibn Taymiyyah in private classes with him.
- Shaykh Muhammad Mukhtar Ash-Shinqitee - he studied under him for 4 years.
- Allamah Hamoud bin Uqla al-Shu'aybi - who gave Ahmad Jibril a Tazkiyyah.
- Shaykh Ehsan Ellahi Zaheer - who was a classmate of his father. Also when Ahmad Jibril was a teenager, Shaykh Ehsan said about him: 'This boy knows my books more than me.' This was when Shaykh Ehsan was invited to the U.S by Shaykh Musa, and he also said to Shaykh Musa, 'You raised a Mujaddid (reviver) insha'Allah'.
- Shaykh Safi ur-Rahman Mubarakpuri the author of the famous book 'The Sealed Nectar' - Shaykh Ahmad studied under him for 5 years.
- Shaykh Muqbil ibn Hadi al-Wadi
- Shaykh Abdullah al-Ghunaymaan
- Shaykh Muhammad Ayub
- Shaykh Atiyyah as-Salim - who was the main student of Muhammad Ameen ash-Shinqitee. He is also the one who completed Shaykh Shinqitee’s best and final Tafsir ‘Adwa al-Bay’an. Shaykh Ahmad said that he was very close with this Shaykh.
- Shaykh Ibrahim al-Husayen - who was Shaykh Ibn Baaz’s right hand man and trustee for decades.
- Shaykh Abdullah al-Qaud - who was among the early Ulama' of Ifta. Shaykh Ahmad made Hajj with him.
- Shaykh Salih al-Husayen - who was the head of the committee for the two holy mosques.
- Al-Muhaddith Shaykh Hamad al-Ansari - who gave him a Tazkiyyah.
- Shaykh Musa al-Qarni - who is the son in law of Rabi al-Madkhali and one of the best usul teachers.
- Shaykh Muhammad Ma'bad - who gave Ahmad Jibril an Ijazah in the Quran.
- Shaykh Abu Malik Muhammad Shaqrah - who was very close to Shaykh al-Albani, to the extent that Albani asked him to lead his funeral prayer in his will.
- Ibn Baz - he has a Tazkiyyah from him (3 months before he passed away) stating that Ahmad Jibril is a Shaykh with good Aqeedah (Beliefs) and is well known to him. He also encouraged students in Saudi to benefit from him and his father.
- Safar al-Hawali
- Salman al-Awdah - Shaykh Ahmad was very close to Salman al-Awdah and supported him during his initial imprisonement. After 5 years in prison al-Awdah came out 'rehabilitated' and changed many of his opinions that got him into prison in the first place. Shaykh Ahmad continued to advise him even after this, however when Shaykh Ahmad went through the same trial (prison) he was abandoned, not just by al-Awdah but by even his own students.
The Shaykh has also travelled to other countries such as Egypt and Jordan to study.
He then returned to the United States and finished his JD/LLM (master of law) degree from Michigan law schools. He now currently resides in Detroit, MI.